February 14, 2000
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- Sammamish Valley Grange, Feb. 16, 7:30pm, 140th NE at Hollywood: 483-3200.
- Woodinville Historical Society, Feb. Feb. 17, 7:30pm, Towne Bank: 483-8270.
- Cottage Lake Auxiliary to Children's Hospital, Feb. 18, 1pm, Sammamish Valley Grange: 483-3200.
- Upper Bear Creek Community Council, Feb. 22, 7pm, Water District: 788-5841.
- Cottage Lake water quality presentation, Feb. 22, 7pm, Woodinville Library: 206-296-0192.
- Woodinville Lions Club, Feb. 22, 7pm, 19008 168th NE: 483-2693.
- Board of Commissioners of Evergreen Healthcare, Feb. 22, 7:30pm, Evergreen Hospital Medical Center, room Green B-204.
- Bothell City Council, Mondays, 7pm, City Hall: 425-486-3256.
- Carnation City Council, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, City Hall: 425-333-4192.
- Duvall Chamber of Commerce, 1st Tuesday, 11:45am, Fire Hall: 425-788-8384.
- Duvall City Council, 2nd and 4th Thursdays, 7pm, Library Rose Room: 425-788-8384.
- Kenmore City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Northshore Utility District Headquarters: 425-398-8900.
- Woodinville City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Sorenson School: 425-489-2700.
- Diamonds in the Rough Toastmasters, Thursdays, 7pm, Seattle Times Production Facility: 360-668-3136.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table Pizza: 425-481-6959.
- Northshore Kiwanis, Wednesdays, 7-8am, Alexa's Restaurant on Main St., Bothell: 425-486-4966.
- How to Manage Your Construction Project, Feb. 19, 9am-4pm, $50/single $75/couple, must register by Feb. 16, 16101 Greenwood Avenue North in Seattle: 206-546-4562.
- Free First Time Homebuyers' Seminar, Feb. 19, 10-11:45am, Redmond Library: 206-719-0122 or 800-768-7875.
- Seasonal Affective Disorder and Depression, an educational seminar, Feb. 23, 11:30am-1pm, $20, Bastyr University Natural Health Clinic: 425-602-3050.
- Estate Planning, Feb. 23, 9:30-11am, Northshore Senior Center: 425-747-7247.
- Introductory Silk Painting Class, Feb. 26, 10am-4pm, $35, Art's Umbrella, 10137 Main Place: 485-7422.
- For Dads Only, Expectant fathers discuss labor, birth, and early parenting, Feb. 15, 16, 7-9pm, $15, Evergreen Healthcare: 425-899-3723.
- Working it out, the art of effective people communication, Feb. 10, 6:30-8:30pm, $20, registration required, Mentor Health Northwest: 425-889-7130.
- SCORE, Counselors to America's Small Businesses, 8am-4pm, $55, SBA/SCORE Business Enterprise Center: 206-553-7320 or 1-877-SEA-SCORE.
- Bothell Sons of Norway is offering Norwegian lanquage classes at all levels. For further information: 425-485-7595.
- Bothell Sons of Norway if offering Rosemaling classes beginning Feb. 8, 7pm, for further information: 206-546-2962.
- Stonecraft Regional Conference, March 9-12, must register by Feb. 28, Inn at Semi-ah-moo, Blaine: 1-888-679-0498.
- Bible Study Outreach, Tuesdays through May 23, 9:30-11:30am, Woodinville Community United Methodist Church: 425-481-9606.
- "Music for Octopus," concert for four hands and four feet, Feb. 19, 7:30pm, Episcopal Church of the Redeemer, 6211 182nd St., Kenmore.
- Kids Are Our Business Breakfast, fundraising, Feb. 16, 7:30-8:30am, suggested $120, Westin Hotel Seattle: 425-226-5062.
- Seattle Home Show, over 600 displays of home and garden products, Feb. 19-27, $7/Adults $4/Seniors, $3/Juniors, Stadium Exhibition Center: 206-284-0960.
- Healing Arts Festival, Feb. 19, 10am-4pm, First Congregational Church of Everett: 425-347-6556
- Up in the Sky, through Feb. 29, 11am, Saturdays and Sundays, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2001.
- Fantasia 2000, IMAX Theatre, through April 30, 10:30am, 12:30pm, 2:30pm, 4:30pm, 6:30pm, 8:30pm, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2001.
SPORTS & RECREATION
- Washington Dance Club, Monday night singles dance, $6, 1017 Stewart Street, Corner of Stewart and Boren: 206-628-8939.
- Valentine's Dance, Feb. 19, 8-12pm, $5, Kirkland Congretional Church Fellowship Hall.
- Elite girls basketball program looking for players, grades 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th are welcome, Bill Newton: 425-259-7282.
- Everett Symphony Orchestra, Feb. 18, 8pm, $10-$25, Everett Civic Ausitorium: 425-257-8382.
- Music of Our Time, Seattle Symphony, Feb. 24, 7:30pm, Illsley Ball Nordstrom Recital Hall: 206-215-4747 or 206-215-4748.
- Seattle Pops, Tommy Dorsey Orchestra, Feb. 17-20, $15-$52, S. Mark Taper Foundation Auditorium, Benaroya Hall: 206-215-4747 or 206-215-4748.
- Cancer Support Group, first Tuesday every month, 6:30pm, Valley General Hospital's Library: 360-794-1411.
- Alzheimer's Association helps you care for someone with Alzheimer's, 206-363-5500 or 1-800-848-7097.
- People with Type 2 diabetes sought for study: 206-685-6720.
- Auditions for Rock the House, call Dale: 206-367-9000.
- The Sammamish Symphony Orchestra announces openings for performers on violin, viola, cello, and string bass: 425-392-3624.
- Parents, Families & Friends of Lesbians and Gays, Eastside program/sharing meeting, Feb. 17, 7pm, First United Methodist Church.
- Radiant Hope Depression Support Group, Mondays, 7-8:30pm, Overlake Hospital: 425-869-5433.
- Cancer Support Group, Tuesdays, 7-9pm, Northwest Oncology Center: 425-869-5433.
- The RSVP (Retired and Senior Volunteer Program) provides meaningful volunteer oppoerunities to those over 55 years of age. Call RSVP for more info. 425-869-5857.
- Evergreen Healthcare is recruiting Fund Development Volunteers, processing donations and gifts, and occasional support for special events, for more information call: 425-899-1990.
- Eastside Domestic Violence Program is now recruiting volunteers, for more information call: 425-562-8840.
- Arboretum seeks volunteers to work with children or information desk: 206-325-4510.
- Northshore Chamber of Commerce, learn ins and outs of making a business run, office management and event planning, Jessica Roberts: 425-486-1245.
- The Crisis Clinic of Seattle/King County is recruiting volunteers to answer the 24-hour crisis phone line: 206-461-3210.
- The American Cancer Society looking for volunteers for Relay for Life, Puget Sound Area: 1-800-729-5588.
- Share Snohomish County Information with travelers, looking for volunteers, Everett, Marysville, Snohomish, Boeing Tour Center: 425-338-4437.
- Assist world travelers and locals by providing information and direction to areas in Snohomish County and the Northwest, locations in Everett, Marysville, Snohomish, and Boeing Tour Center: 425-338-4437.
- Volunteer chore services "Bringing Community Home," need people to do minor home repairs, yard work, shopping, transportation, laundry, meal preparation, housekeeping: 425-562-6864.
- City of Kirkland needs volunteers to assist in fire safety and injury prevention. Eileen Trentman: 425-803-1902.
- Senior Services Volunteer Transportation Programs needs drivers to transport elderly living in Northeast King County: 206-448-5740, 1-800-282-5815.
- Help care for injured or orphaned wildlife at the PAWS Wildlife Rehabilitation Center in Lynnwood, weekly commitment for 3 months: 425-787-2500, ext.808.
- MDA summer camp needs volunteers to help at camp that that gives children with neuromuscular disease a chance to participate in a variety of activities, 16yrs. old and willing to make a friend: 253-627-7575.
- Many people with Multiple Sclerosis derive great benefits and symptom relief from low-impact water exercise, consider helping someone with MS to enjoy the benefits of hydrotherapy, 1-3hours per week: 206-633-2606.
- Senior Citizens and adults with disabilities are in need of your assistance to remain independent in their own home, volunteer a couple of hours to drive, clean or help with yard work, Volunteer Chore Services: 206-324-5247.
- Help contact new and existing donors, volunteers needed 9-11:30a.m. each weekday: 425-462-4392.
- Blood Center needs volunteers to register donors and to monitor donors when they're giving blood: 1-800-266-4033.
- Volunteer to help seniors and disabled people in Snohomish County, Volunteer Chores Service: 425-257-2111.
- Teen Northshore, Sue Paro, director, information: 206-344-6417.
- Family Services offers Children Grieve Too, for ages 5-18 who have lost a close relative through death: 425-226-1253.
- Phone Friend, support for teens, 3-6pm, Monday-Friday: 1-800-543-8255 (1-800-KID-TALK).
- Al-Anon-Anger Managment exploratory-info meeting, Thursday nights 7pm, Edgewood Apartments Community Room: 425-482-6998.