February 28, 2000
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- Woodinville Water District, March 7, 7pm, 17238 Wood-Duvall Rd.: 483-9104, ext. 304.
- Woodinville Fire District, March 7, 6pm, 19900 144th NE: 483-2131.
- Moms and Moppets, March 7, 9-11:30am, Eastside Foursquare Church: 425-488-2500.
- Sno-Isle Genealogical Society, March 8, 7:30pm, Martha Lake Community Club: 425-438-0307.
- Community Council for Cottage Lake Park, March 8, 7pm, Woodinville Water District: 788-3635.
- Sammamish Valley Grange, March 8, 7:30pm, 140th NE at Hollywood: 483-3200.
- Cascade Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution, March 8, 10:30am, West Coast Bellevue Hotel: 425-454-1643.
- Bothell City Council, Mondays, 7pm, City Hall: 425-486-3256.
- Carnation City Council, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, City Hall: 425-333-4192.
- Duvall Chamber of Commerce, 1st Tuesday, 11:45am, Fire Hall: 425-788-8384.
- Duvall City Council, 2nd and 4th Thursdays, 7pm, Library Rose Room: 425-788-8384.
- Kenmore City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Northshore Utility District Headquarters: 425-398-8900.
- Woodinville City Council, first 3 Mondays, 6:30-9:30pm, Sorenson School: 425-489-2700.
- Diamonds in the Rough Toastmasters, Thursdays, 7pm, Seattle Times Production Facility: 360-668-3136.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table Pizza: 425-481-6959.
- Northshore Kiwanis, Wednesdays, 7-8am, Alexa's Restaurant on Main St., Bothell: 425-486-4966.
- "Boundaries With Kids," a parenting class, Mondays, March 6- April 10, 7-8:30pm, $15, Woodinville Community United Methodist Church: 425-483-5252.
- Choosing and Using a Car Seat, March 8, 6:30-7:30pm, Valley General Hospital: 360-794-1411.
- Art of Business Golf, March 8, 1:30-5:45pm, The Golf Club at Newcastle: 206-835-8300.
- Self-Defense for Kids, March 4, 9:30-11am, $45, Evergreen Hospital: 425-899-3000.
- Authority and Freedom in the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, March 4, 11:45pm, Central Lutheran Church: 425-747-5924.
- Bible Study Outreach, Tuesdays through May 23, 9:30-11:30am, Woodinville Community Church: 425-481-9606.
- Hilltoppers Garden Club, March 2, 10am, Inglewood Presbyterian Church: 425-788-5841.
- Northwest Perennial Alliance Hellebore Show and Sale, March 5, 11am-4pm, Bellevue Botanical Garden Visitors Center.
- Snohomish Conservation District 15th annual tree and shrub sale, March 4, 9am, Evergreen State Fairgrounds: 425-335-5634.
SPORTS & RECREATION
- How to Write a Cookbook, cookbook authors discuss cookbooks, March 9, 5:30-8:30pm, $20, register by March 2, Cutters Bayhouse: 425-957-0861.
- An evening with author Ron Chernow, author of "Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr.," March 7, 7:30pm, $7.50-$18, The 5th Avenue Theatre: 206-621-2230.
- The Gemrod, introductory gathering, March 2, 8pm, Gemrod Arts Center: 206-264-5235.
- Arboretum Book Sale, March 4, 10am-5pm, Graham Visitors Center: 206-726-1954.
- Sewing and Stitchery Expo 2000, March 2, 3, 4, 5, Western Washington Fairgrounds in Puyallup: 253-445-4575.
- 2000 Salute Harborview, March 10, $250, Grand Ballroom of the Westin Hotel: 206-521-1666.
- Pop's Beanie Baby Show, March 5, 9am-4pm, Doubletree Hotel: 503-655-9701.
- The Everett Women's Film Festival, March 3, Monte Cristo Ballroom: 425-259-9088.
- Walt Disney Pictures' "Fantasia 2000," in IMAX Theatre, March 1-31, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2001.
- East Kingco Rock and Gem show, March 4, 5, 10am, Rosehill Junior High: 425-562-6572.
- 14th Annual Rollin' Rails, Model Railroad Show for kids of all ages, March 5, 11am-5pm, Frances Anderson Recreational Center 700 Main Street, Edmonds.
- Washington Diamond Dolls 18-U Fastpitch Team tryouts, March 5, 12, 19, for more info call Kurt Brandell: 425-235-4163.
- Lake Washington Youth Soccer Association is currently registering players, ages 8-15 for spring training program: 425-883-3009, or www.lwysa.org.
- Experience the Challenge of Rock Climbing, Level 1 Intro-climbing Wednesday, 6-8pm, Saturday 10am-12pm, youth climbing series, Wednesday, 4-5:30,$40-$70, Redmond Vertical World Indoor Rock Climbing Gym: 425-881-8826.
- Cascadian Chorale and Orchestra and the Woodinville High School Choir, March 4, 5, $12, Town Hall, Eighth Avenue Seattle: 206-286-6028.
- Sammamish Symphony Orchestra, March 5, 2pm, Eastlake Performing Arts Center: 425-392-6011 or 206-517-7777.
- Everett Youth Symphony Orchestras, Winter Concert, March 6, 7pm, Everett Civic Auditorium: 425-347-4678.
- St. David's Day celebration concert, March 5, 2:30pm, St. Stephen's Episcopal Church: 425-882-2825.
- Samuel Barber, Chopin and Liszt, March 2, 12:10pm, Seattle Art Museum: 206-365-7195 or 360-331-1081.
- Mountain Patterns, survival of Nouso Culture in China, March 1, 5:30-8pm, Burke Museum of Natural History.
- Miska's newest creations, Art Concepts of Kirkland solo exhibition, March 6-April 9, 6-9pm: 425-822-8475.
- The Year of The Dragon, through March 10, 6-9pm, Art Concepts of Kirkland: 425-822-8475.
- "The Diary of Anne Frank," Broadway adaption, March 3-19, Everett Performing Arts Center: 425-257-8600.
- "Pigsy Gets Married," March 3-26, Northwest Puppet Center: 206-523-2579.
- "Fiddler on the Roof," March 3-18, Studio East Theatre, Kirkland: 425-827-3123.
- The Sammamish Symphony Orchestra announces openings for performers on violin, viola, cello, and string bass: 425-392-3624.
- RSVP's Reading Challenge Program needs volunteers to listen and help children read, no experience is necessary; call LeAnne Ludwig for more information: 425-869-8438.
- Volunteers are needed to work at ECA Thrift Shop, Mon.-Sat. All hours, no experience needed. Call 803-6993 for more information.
- Evergreen Hospice services recruiting volunteers, March 13, 6pm, Evergreen Hospice Services: 425-899-1040.
- The RSVP (Retired and Senior Volunteer Program) provides meaningful volunteer opportunities to those over 55 years of age. Call RSVP for more info. 425-869-5857.
- Evergreen Healthcare is recruiting Fund Development Volunteers, processing donations and gifts and occasional support for special events; for more information, call: 425-899-1990.
- Eastside Domestic Violence Program is now recruiting volunteers, for more information call: 425-562-8840.