March 13, 2000
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
ST. PATRICK'S DAY
- Sammamish Valley Grange, March 15, 22, 7:30pm, 140th NE at Hollywood: 483-3200.
- Woodinville Historical Society, March 16, 7:30pm, Towne Bank, 17530 132nd Ave. NE: 483-8270.
- Cottage Lake Auxiliary to Children's Hospital, March 17, 1pm, Sammamish Valley Grange: 483-3200.
- Woodinville Fire District, March 21, 6pm, 19900 144th NE: 483-2131.
- Woodinville Water District, March 21, 7pm, 17238 Wood-Duvall Rd.: 483-9104, ext. 305.
- Moms & Moppets, March 21, 9-11:30am, Eastside Foursquare Church: 425-488-2500.
- Bothell City Council, Mondays, 7pm, City Hall: 425-486-3256.
- Carnation City Council, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, City Hall: 425-333-4192.
- Duvall Chamber of Commerce, 1st Tuesday, 11:45am, Fire Hall: 425-788-8384.
- Duvall City Council, 2nd and 4th Thursdays, 7pm, Library Rose Room: 425-788-8384.
- Kenmore City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Northshore Utility District Headquarters: 425-398-8900.
- Woodinville City Council, 1st 3 Mondays of every month, 6:30pm, Sorenson School: 425-489-2700.
- Diamonds in the Rough Toastmasters, Thursdays, 7pm, Seattle Times Production Facility: 360-668-3136.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table Pizza: 425-481-6959.
- Northshore Kiwanis, Wednesdays, 7-8am, Alexa's Restaurant on Main St., Bothell: 425-486-4966.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- Irish Week Festival, March 17-19, Seattle Center: 206-684-8582 or 206-684-7200.
- Don't Outlive Your Money, March 15, 10-11:30am, Shoreline Senior Center: 425-365-1536.
- "Why Rent When You Can Own," free workshop, March 18, 10am-3pm, Urban League: 206-461-3792 ext. 3010.
- A free scholarship workshop, hosted by Benjamin Kaplan, author of "How To Go To College Almost For Free," March 15, 7pm, free, Borders Books & Music in downtown Seattle: 541-764-5381.
- Learn about the Forests and Fish Plan, March 16, 6-9pm, Mt. Si Senior Center: 206-205-0598.
- Meditation Class, March 15, 7-9:30pm, CDM Psychic Institute: 425-258-1449.
- Free First-Time Homebuyers Seminar, March 21, 7-9pm, Bothell Library: 206-719-0122 or 425-478-0747.
- Eastside Legal Assistance Program free lecture, March 22, 9:30-11am, Northshore Senior Center: 425-747-7274.
- SAT Prep Workshop, March 25, 8am-12pm, April 1, 9am-12pm, $20, registration required: 206-461-3795.
- Bothell Sons of Norway is offering Norwegian language classes at all levels. For further information: 425-485-7595.
- Celebrate Kids at the Market, March 18-19, Kent Public Market: 253-813-6916.
BAZAARS, CRAFT SHOWS
- Dahlia Tuber Sales, March 17, 18, Faith Lutheran Church: 425-836-4487.
- Dahlia Tuber Sales, March 31, April 1, Northlake Lutheran Church: 425-836-4487.
- Clise Mansion Spring Craft Show, March 16-18, Marymoor Park.
- Country Crafts Home and Gift Show, March 17, 10am-8pm, Vasa Park Resort Ballroom.
- The Beachcombers Driftwood Show, March 18, 19, 10am, Historical Grayland Community Hall: 360-267-2003.
- Discovery Snowshoe Festival, March 19, 11am-3pm, Cross Country Center at Snoqualmie Pass: 1-800-233-6520.
- Sno-King Stamp Show, March 18, 10am-4pm, Everett Community College.
- Boeing: The First Century, Museum of Flight presentation, March 18, 2pm, Museum of Flight: 206-764-5720.
- Hearts and Hammers Auction 2000, March 24, 5:30pm, $50/at door $35/before Feb. 29, Edmonds Waterfront at South County Senior Center, 220 Railroad Ave.: 206-546-8809.
- Pioneer Classic Jack Russell Terrier Trial, March 25, 26, July 22, 23, 10am-4pm, Stillaquamish Valley Pioneer Hall: 360-652-1252.
- Sno-King Folkdance Club, Beginners' Class Series, March 20-May 22, 8-9:30pm Mondays, $3, Cedar Valley Grange: 425-385-2088; 425-788-9680.
- Sno-King Intl. Folk Dance Club, Saturday dances, every Saturday night except the last Saturday in May, 7:30-11:30pm, suggested $3, Cedar Valley Grange: 425-385-2088 or 425-788-9680.
- "The Best of the Region: An Evening of Dance," March 23, 24, 7:30pm, Kirkland Performance Center: 425-828-9900.
- "Mostly Marches," Bellevue Community Band's 38th Annual Spring Concert, March 19, 2pm, free, Carco Theatre: 425-483-3759.
- Everett Symphony Orchestra Special All-Beethoven Concert, March 17, 8pm, Historic Everett Theatre: 425-257-8382.
- Eastside Symphony, March 18, 3pm, free, First United Methodist Church of Bellevue: 425-821-9439.
- Eastside Symphony, March 19, 3pm, free, Redmond Senior Center: 425-821-9439.
- Seattle Repertory Jazz Orchestra, March 19, 3pm, Kirkland Performance Center: 425-893-9900.
- Arctic Photo Exhibit, March 10-28, Nordic Heritage Museum: 206-789-5707.
- "Kiss Me Quick Before the Lava Reaches the Village," March 15-April 22, Francis J. Gaudette Theatre: 425-392-1942.
- "I Know What You Did Last Millennium; Or, Armageddon Outta Here," March 17, 18, 8:15pm, $20, SecondStory Repertory Theatre: 425-881-6777.
- A Contemporary Theatre, tickets, through March 18, 12pm, Kreielsheimer Place: 206-292-7676.
- "The Phantom of the Opera," limited premiere, March 22, 5th Avenue Theatre: 206-292-ARTS.
- "A Midsummer Night's Dream," through April 2, $12-$9, Youth Theatre Northwest: 206-232-2202.
- "The Diary of Anne Frank," Broadway adaption, through March 19, Everett Performing Arts Center: 425-257-8600.
- "Pigsy Gets Married," through March 26, Northwest Puppet Center: 206-523-2579.
- "Fiddler on the Roof," through March 18, Studio East Theatre, Kirkland: 425-827-3123.
- Teen Northshore, Sue Paro, director, information: 206-344-6417.
- Family Services offers Children Grieve Too, for ages 5-18 who have lost a close relative through death: 425-226-1253.
- Phone Friend, support for teens, 3-6pm, Monday-Friday: 1-800-543-8255 (1-800-KID-TALK).
- Al-Anon-Anger Management exploratory-info meeting, Thursday nights, 7pm, Edgewood Apartments Community Room: 425-482-6998.
- "Women in the Wilderness: Answers to Questions You Might Have Been Afraid to Ask," March 20, 7-8:30pm, REI main store: 206-543-3620.
- The Midlife Women's Health Study has created a website: www.son.washington.edu/departments/fcn/smwhs.
- Cancer Support Group, first Tuesday every month, 6:30pm, Valley General Hospital's Library: 360-794-1411.
- Alzheimer's Association helps you care for someone with Alzheimer's, 206-363-5500 or 1-800-848-7097.
- Grief and Loss Support Group, March 16, 1-2:30pm, Westmore Avenue in Everett: 425-261-4807.
- Parents, Families & Friends of Lesbians and Gays, March 16, 7pm, First United Methodist Church.
- Radiant Hope Depression Support Group, Mondays, 7-8:30pm, Overlake Hospital: 425-869-5433.
- Cancer Support Group, Tuesdays, 7-9pm, Northwest Oncology Center: 425-869-5433.