Northwest NEWS

March 27, 2000

Entertainment

High school artists exhibit works

bird sculpture

Metal sculpture (bird) by Tiffany Bailey, Bothell High School.

   Ceramics, stained glass windows, pencil drawings, paintings, scratchboard sketches, photographs, jewelry, and sculptures are all part of an exhibit of works by Northshore-area high school art students at FrameWright Gallery, beginning March 31.

   This is the fifth exhibit of high school artists at FrameWright, and for the first time, a three-person jury surveyed the students' work and selected the pieces for the show. The jury included Jan Graves of the Northshore School District, Woodinville artist Ted Pankowski, and Beverly Fotheringham, Signature Member of the Northwest Watercolor Society. Works by some 50 students were selected for display.

   Students may choose to sell their works at the exhibit, with each student who sells a piece receiving 80 percent of the sales price. The remaining 20 percent is donated to a local scholarship fund.

   An artists reception will be held from 2 to 7 p.m., Friday, March 31; the exhibit will run through April 25. FrameWright is located in downtown Bothell. For information, call (425) 483-7385.