April 3, 2000
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
- Community Council for Cottage Lake Park, April 5, 7pm, Woodinville Water District: 788-365.
- Sammamish Valley Grange, April 5, 7:30pm, 140th NE at Hollywood: 483-3200.
- Hilltoppers Garden Club, April 6, 10am, Inglewood Presbyterian Church: 425-788-5841.
- Eastside Mother's Club, April 6, 9:30am, Kirkland Congregational Church: 425-820-9073.
- General Mtg. of 1st Legislative District, April 10, 7:30pm, Ricketts Bldg., Bothell: 821-2015.
- Upper Bear Creek Community Council, April 11, 7pm, fire station behind Safeway: 788-5841.
- Lake Forest Park Garden Club, April 11, 9:30am, Lake Forest Park Towne Centre: 206-365-6334.
- Northshore School Board, April 11, 3:30pm, 18315 Bothell Way NE: 489-6000.
- Woodinville Chamber of Commerce, April 11, 11:30am: 481-8300.
- Woodinville Lions Club, April 11, 7pm, 19008 168th NE: 483-2693.
- Seattle Northshore Christian Women's Club meeting, April 12, 9:45-11:30am, $10.50, Inglewood Country Club, Juanita Drive at Simonds Road, Bothell: 425-889-2040.
- Carnation City Council, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, City Hall: 425-333-4192.
- Duvall Chamber of Commerce, 1st Tuesday, 11:45am, Fire Hall: 425-788-8384.
- Duvall City Council, 2nd and 4th Thursdays, 7pm, Library Rose Room: 425-788-8384.
- Kenmore City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Northshore Utility District Headquarters: 425-398-8900.
- Woodinville City Council, 1st 3 Mondays of every month, 6:30pm, Sorenson School: 425-489-2700.
- Sno-Isle Genealogical Society, April 5, 7:30pm, Martha Lake Community Club: 425-438-0307.
- Diamonds in the Rough Toastmasters, Thursdays, 7pm, Seattle Times Production Facility: 360-668-3136.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 425-481-6959.
- Northshore Kiwanis, Wednesdays, 7-8am, Alexa's Restaurant on Main St., Bothell: 425-486-4966.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- The Second Annual Easter Egg Hunt, April 22, 10am, Bastyr Univerity: 425-820-2387.
- Palm Sunday worship services, April 15, 16, Washington Cathedral: 425-869-LIFE.
- Bunny Brunch, April 22, 9:30-11am, $14, Downtown Seattle Bon Marché: 206-506-7556.
- Glad Pask, Scandinavian Easter, April 22, 10-11:30am, $3/members, $5/non-members, Nordic Heritage Museum: 206-789-5707.
- Wildlife on the Edge, April 6, 7-8:30pm, WSU Cooperative Extension Service Office: 425-775-1311 ext 110.
- Fifty-Five Alive, April 10, 12, 6-10pm, Valley General Hospital: 360-794-1411.
- Dog obedience training, April 10, 11, 12, preregistration required: 206-784-8026.
- Hot to Travel Free of Stress, April 18, 6-8pm, $20, Mentor Health Northwest: 425-889-7129.
- Global Warming, April 20, 7pm, Burke Museum: 206-543-5590.
- "Jackal's Favorite Game", April 8, 9, 15, 16, 2-4pm, $5.50/seniors, $7.50/general, Moore Theatre: 206-524-3388.
- Learn about crafts of Nuosu, April 10-14, 11am-3pm, The Burke Museum: 206-543-5590.
BAZAARS, CRAFT SHOWS
- Early Bloomers, April 8, 10am-2pm, Graham Visitors Center: 206-325-4510.
- Learn to Landscape Using Native Plants, April 8, 10am-12pm, Board Room of the Tahoma School District Central Service Center: 206-296-1923.
- Spring Shower of Bargains, April 7, 8, 9am, Luther Memorial Church: 834-2586.
- Pioneer Luncheon, special program afterward, April 15, 12-1:30pm, make reservation by April 8,Shoreline Historical Museum: 206-542-7111.
- Art Lovers Group, Pablo Picasso, April 5, l-7pm, Barnes & Noble, Woodinville: 425-398-1990.
- Bingo Pizza and Bake Sale, April 7, 6pm, Bothell High School Cafeteria: 425-489-0676.
- The Bellevue Botanical Garden, April 7, 8, 12001 Main Street, Bellevue: 425-452-2750.
- Issaquah Invasion 2, Pacific Wrestling Federation, April 8, 7:30pm, $10, Issaquah Community Center: 425-837-3300.
- Annual MS Walk, April 8, 9, 15, registration 8:30-9:30am, all around Western Washington: 206-284-4236.
- Job Fair, April 11, 2-7pm, Holiday Inn Hotel: 425-673-3204.
- UW of Washington Bothell, Career and College Fair, April 13, 3-7pm, UWB campus: 425-352-5352.
- Volunteer Fair, April 13, 4-7pm, Family Resource Center: 425-869-6699.
- Ragtime Jazz Festival, April 14-16, $15, Long Beach: 1-800-451-2542.
- Intuitive Leadership In The 21st Century, workshop, April 15, 16, Stonehouse location in Kirkland: 425-889-5106.
- Slicker 'n' Nicker ride-a-thon, April 15, for information, call 425-337-1137.
- Astronomy Days, April 8, 9, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2001.
- Fantasia 2000, IMAX, April 1-30, daily 10:30am, 12:30pm, 2:30pm, 4:30pm, 6:30pm, 8:30pm, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2001.
- Brewfest, April 6, 6-9pm, $40/advance, $45/at door, Seattle Stadium Exhibition Center: 206-297-2100.
- Camp River Ranch, June 25-August 19, girls grades 6-12, Camp River Ranch at Hood Canal: 800-767-6845.
- Archduke Trio, April 6, 12:10pm, Seattle Art Museum, 206-365-7195.
- Charlie Tagawa, April 8, 7pm, $12, Highline Performing Arts Center: 206-24-BANJO.
- Hapa, Hawaiian Performing Group, April 8, 5pm, 8pm, Campus Little Theater: 206-546-4606.
- Seattle Violin Virtuosi, April 12, 7:30pm, Kirkland Performance Center: 425-893-9900.
- Emerson String Quartet, Ludwig van Beethoven, April 12, 8pm, $27 Meany Theater: 206-543-4880.
- Seattle Co-Arts group juried show, April 7- May 3, Tuesdays through Fridays, 10-6pm, Saturdays, 10-5pm, 425-392-4247.
- "Moon Over Buffalo," April 7, May 7, Wade James Theatre: 425-774-9600.
- "Making Tracks," April 13-30, Village Theatre's First Stage: 425-392-2202.
- "God Of Vengeance," April 13- May 7, ACT's Fall Theatre: 206-292-7676.
- Vignettes de Danse, April 14, 8pm, $17/adults, $12/students, Everett Performing Arts Theatre: 425-774-7570.
- Diavolo's Catapult, April 14, 15, $18.50-$30, Moore Theatre: 206-292-ARTS.
- Teen Northshore, Sue Paro, director, information: 206-344-6417.
- Family Services offers Children Grieve Too, for ages 5-18 who have lost a close relative through death: 425-226-1253.
- Phone Friend, support for teens, 3-6pm, Monday-Friday: 1-800-543-8255 (1-800-KID-TALK).
- Al-Anon Anger Management exploratory-info meeting, Thursday nights 7pm, Edgewood Apartments Community Room: 425-482-6998.
- UW Health Sciences Open House, April 7, 9am-6pm, April 8, 10am-5pm, UW Health Sciences Center: 206-543-4767
- D.I.E.T., Developing Intelligent Eating Techniques, April 6-27, 6-7:30pm, $30, Valley General Hospital: 360-794-1411.
- MS patients needed for study of new medication: 206-616-UWMS.
- The Midlife Women's Health Study has created a website: www.son.washington.edu/departments/fcn/smwhs.
- Cancer Support Group, First Tuesday every month, 6:30pm, Valley General Hospital's Library: 360-794-1411.
- Alzheimer's Association helps you care for someone with Alzheimer's, 206-363-5500 or 1-800-848-7097.
- Auditions for the comedy "Grace and Gloria," April 15, 16, 950 Main Street, Edmonds: 425-774-9600.
- Adoption Information Meeting, April 11, Open Adoption and Family Services: 206-284-6510.
- Radiant Hope Depression Support Group, Mondays, 7-8:30pm, Overlake Hospital: 425-869-5433.
- Cancer Support Group, Tuesdays, 7-9pm, Northwest Oncology Center: 425-869-5433.
- Puget Sound Blood Center needs volunteers to register donors and to moniter donors while serving them refreshments after they've given blood.1-800-266-4033.