April 3, 2000
Kenmore Heritage Society plans April 5 meeting
The next Kenmore Heritage Society (KHS) meeting will be on Wednesday, April 5th, at 7 p.m., at the Kenmore Fire Station, NE 181st and 73rd Ave. NE. The speaker will be Greg Munro, with a slide show presentation detailing the past and present of Kenmore Air, which was founded by his father, Robert Munro, over fifty years ago.
"For many in the Northwest, Kenmore is identified through Kenmore Air," said Tom Traeger, KHS president. "They're the heart of our community and truly part of our history."
Other KHS highlights include:
- Kenmore's "Good Ol' Days" Festival has been selected as the theme for the community celebration on Sept. 17, and KHS will be a part of it. There will be an update at the meeting.
- The Kenmore History Book is well underway and divided into twenty chapters. There will be a preview at April's meeting.
- Priscilla Droge has been busy doing history talks at schools. The thank-you notes will be at the meeting.
- KHS is studying a capital project grant application in May 2000 through King County for a museum or other historical project.
- Joanne Evans has done photos of early school days for elementary schools and Northshore School District headquarters.
- KHS is growing, with five new members welcomed in the year 2000.