Northwest NEWS

April 10, 2000

Local News


Property research on the Web

   King County citizens can now do their own property research without ever leaving home, thanks to the Geographical Information Systems staff at the King County Department of Development and Environmental Services. By logging onto the DDES website at, citizens can access Parcel Locator application, which tracks property by parcel number, street address, or street intersection. The parcel locator then presents citizens with a map of the desired area. Customers need only click on the desired parcel on the map. Call (206) 296-6682.

Planning Commission holds Open House

   The City of Woodinville Planning Commission will host an Open House for the public to learn about the Transportation Plan Element of the Comprehensive Plan on Wednesday, April 19, at 5:30 p.m. The Commission's regular meeting will begin at 7 p.m.

It's time for new licenses

   With season openers for lake trout, razor clams, and wild turkeys coming up this month, it's time to get your fishing and/or hunting license for 2000-2001. Last year's licenses expired on March 31st. Licenses are available at outlets across the state, and at the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) offices. For information, visit the website at

Commuter info

   For updated information on Department of Transportation projects in the Puget Sound area, call the Commuter Information Line at DOT-HIWY (368-4499), or toll-free at 1-800-695-7623.