May 1, 2000
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
- Sno-Isle Genealogical Society, May 3, 7:30pm, Martha Lake Community Club: 425-438-0307.
- Community Council for Cottage Lake Park, May 3, 7pm, Woodinville Water District: 788-3635.
- Sammamish Valley Grange, May 3, 7:30pm, 140th NE at Hollywood: 483-3200.
- Carnation City Council, 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, City Hall: 425-333-4192.
- Duvall Chamber of Commerce, 1st Tuesday, 11:45am, Fire Hall: 425-788-8384.
- Duvall City Council, 2nd and 4th Thursdays, 7pm, Library Rose Room: 425-788-8384.
- Kenmore City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Northshore Utility District Headquarters: 425-398-8900.
- Woodinville City Council, 1st 3 Mondays of every month, 6:30pm, Sorenson School: 425-489-2700.
- Eastside Business Network, Wednesdays, 7:30am, Blimpie Subs and Salads: 425-820-2845.
- Diamonds in the Rough Toastmasters, Thursdays, 7pm, Seattle Times Production Facility: 360-668-3136.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 425-481-6959.
- Northshore Kiwanis, Wednesdays, 7-8am, Alexa's Restaurant on Main St., Bothell: 425-486-4966.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- "Songs My Mother Taught Me," May 12-13, 7:30pm, Theater at Meydenbauer Center: 425-880-6035.
- Mother's Day Brunch, May 14, 10:30am, 1pm, $40-$20, Lakewood Gardens: 253-584-4106.
- Mother's Day Breakfast, May 14, 8am-1pm, Nile Shrine: 206-363-6152.
- Post Glacial Plant Succesion of Orcas Island, May 4, Burke Museum: 206-543-5590.
- WA/AK Chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphomia, May 6, 8:30am-4pm, Swedish Hospital Medical Center.
- "The American Path," series, May 9, Stonehouse Book Store and Growth Center: 425-889-5106.
- "Living in Health and Wellness," Tuesdays, May 9- June 13, 6-8pm, $150, Bastyr University Natural Health Clinic: 206-834-4178.
- Financing Long-Term, May 3, May 10, Bothell Library: 425-454-3857.
- Dealing with a Loved One's Internet Addiction, May 10, 1-2pm, Edmonds Community College: 425-640-1309.
- Job Search Workshop, May 10, 9:30-11:30am, Seattle Center House: 206-684-0500.
- Stock investing class, May 11, 18, 25, June 1, 6:30-8:30pm, Edward Jones Office: 425-481-4490.
- Dino Days, May 5, 6, 7, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2001.
- Native Plant Weekends, May 7, 11am-3pm, Burke Museum: 543-5590.
- Tiny Tots series, May 9, 9:30-10:35am, $4, Illsley Ball Nodstrom Recital Hall: 206-215-4700.
- Edmonds in Bloom Spring Festival, May 6, 7, Edmonds: 425-670-1496.
BAZAARS, CRAFT SHOWS
- Bothell High School, 1980 Class Reunion, August 4, 5, 6, Bothell High, 425-481-3412, bhsweb.nsd.org.
- Sequim Irrigation Festival, May 6-7, 10am, Washington Street at Seal and Cedar Streets, Sequim: 360-681-0672.
- Vashon Island Potters, May 6, 7, 13, 14, 10am-5pm, Vashon Island: 206-463-6691.
- "Ride The Iron Rails," May 6, 7, 10am, Evergreen State Fairgrounds: 425-488-1741.
- Daylong Activities: Space exhibitry, May 4, Museum of Flight: 206-768-7105.
- Rosalynn Summers and Kristi Yamaguchi, May 5, 7pm, Olympic View Ice Arena: 425-672-6885.
- Letters of Joy Festival, May 5, 6-9pm, May 6, 8am-6pm, Edmonds Community College: 425-745-1347.
- "Standing Ovation," May 6, 6pm, Bellevue Hyatt Regency: 425-452-1101.
- Chef Martin Yan, May 6, Alderwood Bon Marche: 206-506-4FUN.
- Katherine Heigle, star of "Roswell," May 6, 1-2pm, Southcenter Bon Marche: 206-506-4FUN.
- Women Leading the Way Awards Breakfast, May 6, 9-10:30am, Boeing Company's Everett site: 425-921-3456.
- MSA Day at the Races at Emerald: 206-633-2606.
- 13th Annual Lacey Spring Fun Fair, May 6, 7, 10am, Faith Assembly Church: 360-570-0386.
- Walk For Life, May 7, 6:30-8:15pm, Center for Wooden Boats: 206-297-5922.
- "On Broadway," Pacific Northwest Ballet, May 5, 6, 8pm, May 6, 7, 2pm, Kirkland Performance Center: 425-828-0422.
- Sno-King Intl. Folk Dance Club, Saturday Dances, every Saturday night except the last Saturday in May, 7:30-11:30pm, suggested $3, Cedar Valley Grange: 425-385-2088 or 425-788-9680.
- Seattle Center Academy Two Week Summer Camp for the Arts, July 24- August 4, applications must be received by May 5, $50-$350, Seattle Center Academy: 206-233-3959.
- Camp River Ranch, June 25- August 19, girls grades 6-12, Camp River Ranch on Hood Canal: 800-767-6845.
- Zofia Antes, May 5, 8pm, $10, Historic Everett Theatre: 425-257-8382.
- "Music of Our Time," May 5, 8pm, Illsley Ball Nordstrom: 206-215-4700
- Franz Liszt, comes "alive," May 7, 4pm, Gethsemane Lutheran Church: 206-682-3620.
- A Celebration of Spring Concert, May 7, 7pm, St. Jude Church: 425-788-91948.
- Total Experience Gospel Choir, May 11, 7:30pm, $15, Bastyr University Chapel: 425-602-3050.
- Lake Washington Singers Spring Concert, May 13, 7:30pm, Lake Washington United Methodist Church: 425-881-3041.
- The Olympic Brass Ensemble, May 13, 8pm, Bethany Lutheran Church: 206-783-2412.
- East County Community Job Connection, May 3, 1-6pm, Monroe High School: FAX 360-805-1172.
- "A Diversity of Talents," May 5, 5:30-8:30pm, Compass Health administrative campus: 425-349-8394.
- Nordic Heritage Museum, Norway to America, Greenland and its People, Welcome To My World, May 28, 10-4pm, Nordic Heritage Museum: 206-789-5707.
- Paintings of the American Landscape Show, May 4, 5:30-8:30pm, Howard/Mandville Gallery: 425-889-8212.
- "Colors of the Northwest," May 7 through June 3, 10am-5pm, Issaquah Gallery: 425-392-4247.
- "Treasure Island," May 5-21, Youth Theatre Northwest: 206-632-1081
- "Grease," Preview May 10, 8pm, Francis J. Gaudette Theatre: 206-292-ARTS.
- "Kiss Me Quick Before the Lava Reaches the Village," through May 14, Everett Performing Arts Center: 425-392-1942.
- Teen Northshore, Sue Paro, director, information: 206-344-6417.
- Family Services offers Children Grieve Too, for ages 5-18 who have lost a close relative through death: 425-226-1253.
- Phone Friend, support for teens, 3-6pm, Monday-Friday: 1-800-543-8255 (1-800-KID-TALK).
- Al-Anon-Anger Management exploratory-Info meeting, Thursday nights 7pm, Edgewood Apartments Community Room: 425-482-6998.
- National Anxiety Disorders Awareness Day, May 3, 425-640-4066 or 1-888-442-2022.
- Childbirth Preparation, May 11-June 29, 7-9pm, $70, Valley General Hospital: 360-794-1411.
- Enhancing Health Through the Menopausal Years, May 11, June 8, Woodinville Public Library: 425-788-0733.
- Osteoporosis Awareness, May 4, 6:30-8pm, free, Valley General Hospital: 360-794-1411.
- Smooth Moves, therapeutic movement and low-impact excercise program, May 4-25, 6-7pm, Vallley General Hospital: 360-794-1411.
- Family Health Week, May 8- May 13, Lakeview Chiropractic: 425-889-4703.
- Cancer Support Group, First Tuesday every month, 6:30pm, Valley General Hospital's Library: 360-794-1411.
- Alzheimer's Association helps you care for someone with Alzheimer's, 206-363-5500 or 1-800-848-7097.
- Radiant Hope Depression Support Group, Mondays, 7-8:30pm, Overlake Hospital: 425-869-5433.
- Cancer Support Group, Tuesdays, 7-9pm, Northwest Oncology Center: 425-869-5433.