May 1, 2000
At the Library
May is National Older Americans' Month, and King County Library System is participating with special programs and activities for all ages at each of its 41 branches. For more information on these and other older Americans' Month programs at KCLS branches, visit the KCLS Website at www.kcls.org; call The Answer Line, 425-462-9600; or pick up a program guide at your local library.
Woodinville Library (425-788-0733)
- Story Time for Ages three and up, through May 23, Mondays and Tuesdays, 10:30am-1:30pm.
- Story Time for Two- and Three-Year-Olds, May 2-17, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 9:30am, please register.
- Financial Workshop for Individual Investors, Tuesdays, May 2-23, 6-8pm, 6-8pm, please register.
Bothell Regional Library (425-486-7811)
- Music for Tots: Story Times, May 10, May 17, 9:30am, 11am, 1pm, suitable for ages 4-6, please register.
- Introduction to Excel, May 9, 7-9pm.
- Introduction to Computers, May 9, 7-9pm.
- Make a Corsage for Mom, May 13, 3-4pm, sutable for ages 11-18, please register.
- Talk Time, Mondays, May 1-29, 6-8pm, for all ages to practice speaking English.
- Toddler Time, Tuesday, May 2, 10am-12pm, for adults and young adults.
- Mother Goose on the Loose Story Time, May 2, 9, 10:30-10:50am, ages birth-2 months with an adult.
- Introduction to the Internet, May 3, 31, 7-9pm, May 4, 10am-12pm, May 14, 7-9pm, for adults and young adults.
- Friends of the Library Book Sale, May 6, 10am-5pm, suitable for adults.
- Nature Journal: Sketching and Painting from Nature, May 7, 2pm, suitable for older adults.
Duvall Library (425-788-1173)
- Quick, Easy and Healthy Cooking for two, May 31, 1pm, please register.
- Traveling Young: Dare to do what Others Only Dream Of, May 11, 4:30pm.
Fall City Library (425-222-5951)
- Reading Magic, May 12, 7pm, suitable for ages 5 and up.
- Pizza and Books, May 3, 4pm, ages 11 and up.
Kenmore Library (425-486-8747)
- It's Your Money, May 8, 7pm, suitable for adults.
- Homeschooler's Open House, May 10, 2pm, all ages welcome.
- Library Computer Catalog Basics for Seniors, May 11, 11:30am, please register.
- Celebrate Older Americans' Month at King County Library System, May 10, 3pm, suitable for all ages.
- Annual Open House and Tea, May 6, 1-4pm, suitable for all ages.
Kingsgate Library (425-821-7686)
- Toddler Times, May 2, 11am, May 5, 10:30am, for ages 2-3.
- Preschool Story Times, May 3, 10:30am, May 5, 10:30am, foor ages 3-6.
- Better Babysitters Course, May 3-17, 4-6:30pm, ages 11 and up.
- ESL Talk Time, May 4-25, 7pm, Kingsgate Library, for all ages.
- Dads and Kids Crafts, May 6, 10:30am, suitable for ages 4 and up.
- Mother-Daughter Book Club, May 6, 10:30am, for ages 4 and up.
- Traveling Young: Dare to So What Others Only Dream of, May 11, 1pm, for adults.
Lake Forest Park Library (206-362-8860)
- Quick and Easy Healthy Cooking for One or Two, May 6, 1pm, please register.
- Computer Basics, free beginner class on Word and accessing the Internet, call for more information.
Sno Isle Bookmobile (360-659-8447)
- Second and fourth Wednesdays: 3:03-3:35 p.m. at the Maltby School, 9700 212th St. SE, Snohomish; 3:45-4:15 p.m. at the Rainbow General Store, 21825 Echo Lk. Rd., Snohomish.