May 1, 2000
Cycle Sunday planned for May 21
Woodinville, Bothell, and Redmond parks and recreation departments will kick off spring with Cycle Sunday, an event for the entire family, to be held May 21. Get that bike out of the garage and cycle along the Sammamish Trail from either Bothell or Redmond or just drive to Woodinville to participate in a variety of bicycle activities and information booths at Wilmot Gateway Park (17301 131st Ave. NE, next to the Sammamish River in Woodinville).
The mileage for the ride from Redmond is 5.85 miles and 2.9 miles from Bothell to Wilmot Park. There will be water stops and restrooms available along the way. The following activities and information booths will be available from noon to 4 p.m. at Wilmot Gateway Park (unless otherwise noted):
Parking in Woodinville is available across the street from Wilmot Gateway Park and at Woodinville City Hall located at 13203 NE 175th Street. In Redmond, park at the Park & Ride located on the corner of 161st Ave NE and NE 83rd St., or at the WestPark Building at 8414 154th Ave. NE. Parking in Bothell is available at Blyth Park, 16950 West Riverside Drive.
- Bike rodeo--at Woodin Creek Park (next to Wilmot Gateway Park). Provided by Woodinville Fire and Life Safety Dept.
- Free Bicycle Safety Checks--learn how to care for your bike workshops. Provided by Golden Egg Sport and Ski and Woodinville Cycle.
- Bicycle Registration--provided by the Woodinville Police Department.
- Bicycle Information Booths--provided by Woodinville, Redmond, Bothell, and King County parks and recreation departments.
- BMX Demonstration--1-2 p.m. in the Wilmot Gateway Park parking lot.
- Music and Entertainment--at the center gatehouse from 2:30 to 4 p.m.
- Art Walk--2 p.m. Come see new artwork displayed in Wilmot Gateway Park and meet the artists of these art pieces at a reception.
Adaptive cycles are available for people with special needs through Redmond or Bothell parks and recreation. These cycles will also be available at Wilmot Gateway Park for anyone to test out at approximately 1:30 p.m. on the 21st. To make reservations, call 555-2350 or 486-7430.
For more information, call 425-398-9327, or go online to www.woodinville-city.com.