May 1, 2000
Summer day camps
Kids between 6 and 12 can sign up for day camp offered by the King County Park System. Week-long camps will be held at Marymoor Park near Redmond between Monday, July 3 and Friday, August 18. Registration is now being accepted for each week of the day camp, which is titled "2000 Things To Do This Summer."
The day camps run Monday through Friday (except the week beginning July 5), with core program hours from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The cost is $110 per child per week ($100 the week of July 5), and some scholarships covering the fee are available. Registration is required no later than 3 p.m. on the Friday before the respective week of day camping begins.
King County Park System summer 2000 day camp weeks at Marymoor Park include:
Free pre-camp and after-camp supervision is also offered in conjunction with the day camps. Pre-camp supervision runs between 7 and 9 a.m., while after-camp supervision occurs between 4 and 6 p.m.
- 66 things to do with Sound; July 3-July 7. Field trip: Pacific Science Center.
- 88 things to do with Animals; July 10-July 14. Field trip: Woodland Park Zoo.
- 84 things to do with Art; July 17-July 21. Field trip: King County Fair in Enumclaw.
- 55 things to do with Flight; July 24-July 28. Field trip: Museum of Flight.
- 33 things to do with Theater; July 31-August 4. Field trip: Youth Theatre Northwest.
- 44 things to do with Fun and Games; August 7-August 11. Field trip: Enchanted Village and Wild Waves.
- 77 things to do with Sealife; August 14-August 18. Field trip: Seahurst Beach.
Marymoor Park is located near Redmond at 6046 West Lake Sammamish Parkway Northeast. For more information or to pre-register, call 206-296-2596.