May 22, 2000
At the Library
King County Library System branches will be closed in honor of Memorial Day, Monday, May 29.
May is National Older Americans' Month, and King County Library System is participating with special programs and activities for all ages at each of its 41 branches. For more information on these and other older Americans' Month programs at KCLS branches, visit the KCLS Website at www.kcls.org; call The Answer Line, 425-462-9600; or pick up a program guide at your local library.
Woodinville Library (425-788-0733)
- Traveling Young: Dare to Do What Others Only Dream Of!, May 25, 1pm, suitable for adults.
- Mother Goose Time, May 31, 10:30am, for 12-24 month old children with adults.
- Growing and Using Fresh Herbs, June 3, 11am-1pm, please register.
Bothell Library (425-486-7811)
- Introduction to the Internet, Wednesdays, 7-9pm, Thursdays, 10am-12pm, please register.
Duvall Library (333-4398)
- Quick, Easy, and Healthy Cooking for two, May 31, 1pm, please register.
Kingsgate Library (425-821-7686)
- ESL Talk Time, June 1-29, 7pm, for all ages and languages.
- Dads and Crafts, June 3, 10:30am, suitable for ages 4 and up.
- Mother Daughter Book Club, "The Westing Game," June 5, 7pm, suitable for ages 11-14.
- Kingsgate/Woodinville Libraries' Book Discussion Group, May 27, 10am-12pm.
- Kitemaking for Kids, May 27, 11am, for ages 6-12; please register.
Lake Forest Park Library (206-362-8860)
- Highland Dancers and Bagpipes, May 26, 7pm, for ages 4 and up.