July 3, 2000
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- The Gay Men's Task Force, July 11, 6pm, Snohomish Health District: 425-339-5238.
- Woodinville Business and Professional Women, July 10, 6-9pm, Wyndham Garden Hotel: 425-483-1399.
- Hilltoppers Garden Club, July 6, 10am, Inglewood Presbyterian Church: 425-788-5841.
- Eastside Mother's Club, July 6, 9:30am, Kirkland Congregational Church: 425-486-5621.
- New Life Adult Singles Group, July 7, 7pm, St. Thomas More Church Community: 425-673-0568.
- General Mtg. of 1st Legislative District Democrats, July 10, 7:30pm, Ricketts Bldg., Bothell: 821-2015.
- Upper Bear Creek Community Council, July 11, 7:30pm, fire station behind Safeway: 788-5841.
- Lake Forest Park Garden Club, July 11, 9:30am, Lake Forest Park Towne Centre: 206-365-6334.
- Northshore School Board, July 11, 3:30pm, 18315 Bothell Way NE: 489-6000.
- Woodinville Chamber of Commerce, July 11, 11:30am, 481-8300.
- Woodinville Lions Club, July 11, 7pm, 19008 168th NE: 483-2693.
- Sno-Isle Genealogical Society, July 5, 7:30pm, Martha Lake Community Club: 425-438-0307.
- Community Council for Cottage Lake Park, July 5, 7pm, Woodinville Water District: 788-3635.
- Sammamish Valley Grange, July 5, 7:30pm, 140th NE at Hollywood: 483-3200.
- New Life Adult Singles Group, July 1, 7pm, St. Thomas More Church Community: 425-673-0568.
- Duvall Chamber of Commerce, 1st Tuesday, 11:45am, Fire Hall: 425-788-8384.
- Duvall City Council, 2nd and 4th Thursdays, 7pm, Library Rose Room: 425-788-8384.
- Kenmore City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Northshore Utility District Headquarters: 425-398-8900.
- Woodinville City Council, 1st 3 Mondays of every month, 7:30pm, Sorenson School: 425-489-2700.
- Eastside Business Network, Wednesdays, 7:30am, Blimpie Subs and Salads: 425-820-2845.
- Diamonds in the Rough Toastmasters, Thursdays, 7pm, Seattle Times Production Facility: 360-668-3136.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 425-481-6959.
- Northshore Kiwanis, Wednesdays, 7-8am, Alexa's Restaurant on Main St., Bothell: 425-486-4966.
- Seminar for first-time home buyers, July 8, 3:30pm, 20115 44th Ave. West, Suite 100, Lynnwood: 425-771-3737, ext. 239.
- "Why Rent When You Can Own," July 8, 10am-3:30pm, Board Room of the Urban League: 206-461-3697.
- Star Sitters, July 8, 9am-3pm, $25, Valley General Hospital: 360-794-1411.
- Fifty-Five Alive, driving class for seniors, July 10, 11, 9am-1pm, $10, Valley General Hospital: 360-794-1411.
- Winning strategies for women: The Power of investing in your future, July 18, 4:30pm, Edward Jones Office: 425-481-4490.
- Bereavement Series, Tuesdays, 12:30-2:30pm, 7-9pm, Evergreen Hospice Center: 425-899-1077.
- Financial Workshop, July 20, 27, August 3, 10, 17, 6:30-8:30pm, 16906 68th Ave. NE, Kenmore: 425-481-4490.
- Redefining Journaling and Self-Exploration Workshop, April 12, 7:30-9:30pm, $10, Boxhill Farm Nursery: 425-844-1525.
- Summer Services at Wooden Cross, Sundays, 9am, 198th Ave NE Woodinville-Duvall Road: 425-788-3626.
- CDM Children's Summer Festival, July 10-14, 9am-12pm, CDM Psychic Institute: 425-258-1449.
- Preschool parent-child classes, North King County at 2545 NE 200th: 206-362-4069.
- Secret Garden Tour, July 8, downtown Edmonds: 425-771-2631.
- Cleveland H.S. class of 1960, 40 years reunion, Sept. 16, 206-246-0348.
- Shoreline High School's Class of 1975 25th reunion, July 29, Shoreline Center: 206-361-4243.
- Bothell High School, 1980 Class Reunion, August 4, 5, 6, Bothell High, 425-481-3412, bhsweb.nsd.org.
- Tivoli/Viking Days summer festival, July 8, 9, Seattle's Nordic Heritage Museum: 206-78-5707.
- Mutual ZooTunes, Joan Armatrading, July 9, Woodland Park Zoo: 206-615-0076.
- Kirkland Parks and Community Services Department annual performing arts series, July 6, 11, 7-8:30pm, Marina Park on Lake Washington: 425-828-1105.
- Baby season at the Cougar Mountain Zoo, through October, 10am-5pm, Cougar Mountain Zoo: 425-392-6278.
SPORTS & RECREATION
- Northlake Lutheran Church summer day camp, July 24-28, 9am-4pm, $75. 6620 NE 185th Street, Kenmore: 425-486-6977.
- Warm Beach Christian Camps: 1-800-228-6724.
- Summer Day Camps, July 10-28, $100 per week, Everett Performing Arts Center: 425-257-6371.
- Adventure Camps, June 26-August 25, $95 each, Snohomish County Parks and Recreation: 425-388-6600.
- Shoreline Community College Volleyball Camp, July 10-14, 17-21, 24-28, $80, Shoreline Community College: 206-546-4746.
- Boys and Girls Summer Dolphin Hoop Camps, June 26-30, July 3-7, August 7-11, 9am-3pm, Shoreline Community College for boys: 206-234-7859.
- Summer Youth Voyage in Puget Sound, 5-day journey aboard newly restored sailing gillnetter Admirable, July 11-15, 22-26, August 20-24, $500, The Center for Wooden Boats: 206-382-2628.
- Camp River Ranch, June 25-August 19, girls grades 6-12, Camp River Ranch in Hood Canal: 800-767-6845.
- Woodinville High School Basketball Camp, July 24-27, July 31-Aug. 3, Woodinville High School: 425-402-7714.
- Pan Leggo, July 11, shores of Lake Washington: 425-822-1700.
- Thursday Evening Art Walk, July 13, 6-9pm, Art Concepts of Kirkland: 425-822-8475.
- Moon Lee, July 6-28, 8:30am-4:30pm, King County Art Gallery: 206-296-7580.
- Watercolor Exhibition, July 8-Sept. 17, Frye Art Museum: 206-622-9250.
- Bellevue Art Museum's Pacific Northwest Annual, through Sept 3, Bellevue Art Museum: 425-454-3322.
- "The Smell of the Kill," July 7, 8, 9, 11, Intiman Theatre: 206-296-1900.
- "Grease," July 7-23, $18-$35, Everett Performing Arts Center: 425-257-8600.
- Teen Northshore, Sue Paro, director, information: 206-344-6417.
- Family Services offers Children Grieve Too, for ages 5-18 who have lost a close relative through death: 425-226-1253.
- Phone Friend, support for teens, 3-6pm, Monday-Friday: 1-800-543-8255 (1-800-KID-TALK).
- Al-Anon-Anger Management exploratory-info meeting, Thursday nights, 7pm, Edgewood Apartments Community Room: 425-482-6998.
- Pathways for Women YWCA, offering counseling services: 774-9843, ext. 226, or 339-3837.
- The UW is seeking patients with newly diagnosed Type 2 diabetes for participation in a study of an investigational medication for diabetes. To be eligible, patients must be between the ages of 30 and 75 and cannot be taking any medications for diabetes. Earn up to $650. for more information, call 206-768-5272.
- RSD/CRPS support and awareness of Puget Sound, every 2nd Wednesday, 12-2pm, Kingsgate Library: 425-485-8512.
- Baby Boomer Alert, dormant childhood virus can reawaken--shingles is a disease caused by the varicella-zoster virus, the same virus responsible for chickenpox. Over the next 5 years, this disease may afflict more than 22,000 people age 60 and over in the Seattle area. It produces a painful rash consisting of clusters of fluid-filled blisters. For more information, call 1-877-841-6251.
- The University of Washington divisions of Vascular Surgery and Cardiology are looking for people to test the benefits of an investigational cholesterol-lowering drug on cholesterol buildup in the neck arteries. For more information, call 206-616-8369.
- The University of Washington School of Nursing is seeking individuals with a diagnosis of Alzheimer's disease (AD) and their family caregivers for participation in a study on common sleep problems in AD. For more information, contact study coordinator Amy Morre: 206-685-9169.
- The Northwest Lipid Research Clinic at the University of Washington is conducting a study in women 55 and older who have heart disease or have risk factors such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or diabetes. If you are interested, please call Barbara at 206-731-6793.
- The Midlife Women's Health Study has created a website: www.son.washington.edu/departments/fcn/smwhs.
- Cancer Support Group, first Tuesday every month, 6:30pm, Valley General Hospital's Library: 360-794-1411.
- Alzheimer's Association helps you care for someone with Alzheimer's, 206-363-5500 or 1-800-848-7097.