July 10, 2000
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- Woodinville Chamber of Commerce, July 18, 7:30-9am, 481-8300.
- Woodinville Fire District, July 18, 6pm, 19900 144th NE: 483-2131.
- Woodinville Water District, July 18, 7pm, 17238 Wood.-Duvall Rd.: 483-9104.
- Moms and Moppets, July 18, 9-11:30am, Eastside Foursquare church: 483-8270.
- Brain Injury Association of WA, July 18, 6:30-8:30pm, 425-895-0047, ext. 216.
- Sammamish Valley Grange, July 19, 7:30pm, 140th NE at Hollywood: 483-3200.
- Duvall Chamber of Commerce, 1st Tuesday, 11:45am, Fire Hall: 425-788-8384.
- Duvall City Council, 2nd and 4th Thursdays, 7pm, Library Rose Room: 425-788-8384.
- Kenmore City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Northshore Utility District Headquarters: 425-398-8900.
- Woodinville City Council, 1st 3 Mondays of every month, 7:30pm, Sorenson School: 425-489-2700.
- Diamonds in the Rough Toastmasters, Thursdays, 7pm, Seattle Times Production Facility: 360-668-3136.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 425-481-6959.
- Northshore Kiwanis, Wednesdays, 7-8am, Alexa's Restaurant on Main St., Bothell: 425-486-4966.
- Childbirth Preparation, July 13, August 31, 7-9pm, Valley General Hospital: 360-794-1411.
- First Aid CPR, July 15, 8am-4pm, Valley General Hospital: 360-794-1411.
- Infant-Child CPR, July 17, 6-9pm, Valley General Hospital: 360-794-1411.
- Newcomer's Brunch, free, July 22, 10am-12pm, Valley General Hospital: 360-794-1411.
- Fifty-Five Alive, driving class for seniors, July 10, 11, 9am-1pm, $10, Valley General Hospital: 360-794-1411.
- Winning strategies for women: The Power of investing in your future, July 18, 4:30pm, Edward Jones Office: 425-481-4490.
- Bereavement Series, Tuesdays, 12:30-2:30pm, 7-9pm, Evergreen Hospice Center: 425-899-1077.
- Financial Workshop, July 20, 27, August 3, 10, 17, 6:30-8:30pm, 16906 68th Ave. NE, Kenmore: 425-481-4490.
- Kids Fun in the Summer, July 14, 28, 10am-1pm, Seattle Center House: 206-684-7200.
- Summer Services at Wooden Cross, Sundays, 9am, 198th Ave. NE & Woodinville-Duvall Road: 425-788-3626.
- Puget Sound Dahlia Association, July 19, 7:30pm, Faith Lutheran Church: 425-485-7876.
- Cleveland H.S. class of 1960, 40 years reunion, Sept. 16, 206-246-0348.
- Shoreline High School's Class of 1975 25th reunion, July 29, Shoreline Center: 206-361-4243.
- Bothell High School, 1980 Class Reunion, August 4, 5, 6, Bothell High, 425-481-3412, bhsweb.nsd.org.
- Redmond Relay for Life, July 14, 15, Redmond High School: 1-800-729-5588.
- Woodinville Relay For Life, July 21, 22, Woodinville High School: 1-800-729-5588.
- Got a Complaint, talk to the Attorney General, July 18, 7-8:30pm, Lynnwood Library: 425-778-2148.
- Eastside Dollhouse Miniatures Show and Sale, July 15, 10am-5pm, American Legion Hall: 360-658-2638.
- Bastille Day Picnic, July 16, 12am-4pm, VASA Park on Lake Sammamish: 206-443-4703.
- Snohomish County Workfirst, July 18, 2-4pm, Holiday Inn Hotel and Convention Center: 425-673-3204.
- Permanency Planning Information Night for Foster Adoptive Families, July 10-Aug. 14, Lutheran Social Services: 206-694-5713.
- Baby season at the Cougar Mountain Zoo, through October, 10am-5pm, Cougar Mountain Zoo: 425-392-6278.
- Summer Singles Dance!, July 15, 7:30pm-1am, Airport Doubletree Hotel: 206-243-8536.
- Sno-King Intl. Folk Dance Club, Saturday Dances, Every Saturday night, 7:30-11:30pm, suggested $3, Cedar Valley Grange: 425-385-2088 or 425-788-9680.
SPORTS & RECREATION
- Northlake Lutheran Church summer day camp, July 24-28, 9am-4pm, $75. 6620 NE 185th Street, Kenmore: 425-486-6977.
- Warm Beach Christian Camps: 1-800-228-6724.
- Summer Day Camps, July 10-28, $100 per week, Everett Performing Arts Center: 425-257-6371.
- Adventure Camps, June 26-August 25, $95 each, Snohomish County Parks and Recreation: 425-388-6600.
- Boys and Girls Summer Dolphin Hoop Camps, August 7-11, 9am-3pm, Shoreline Community College for boys: 206-234-7859.
- Summer Youth Voyage in Puget Sound, 5-day journey aboard newly restored sailing Gillnetter, Admirable, July 22-26, August 20-24, $500, The Center for Wooden Boats: 206-382-2628.
- Camp River Ranch, June 25-August 19, girls grades 6-12, Camp River Ranch in Hood Canal: 800-767-6845.
- Woodinville High School Basketball Camp, July 24-27, July 31-Aug. 3, Woodinville High School: 425-402-7714.
- Get Jazzed at Meydenbauer Center, July 15, 8pm, The Theatre at Meydenbauer Center: 206-325-6500.
- "Concerts in the Barn," July 15, 16, 2pm, 55-acre farm ten miles west of the Hood Canal: 206-527-8839.
- Summer Sings, July 12-Aug. 9, Bloedel Hall at St. Mark's Cathedral.
- Everett Symphony Orchestra's "By Popular Request" Series 2, June 23, 8pm, $10-$25, Everett Civic Auditorium: 425-257-8382.
- Thursday Evening Art Walk, July 13, 6-9pm, art conepts of Kirkland: 425-822-8475.
- Moon Lee, through July 28, 8:30am-4:30pm, King County Art Gallery: 206-296-7580.
- Watercolor Exhibition, July 8-Sept. 17, Frye Art Museum: 206-622-9250.
- Bellevue Art Museum's Pacific Northwest Annual, through Sept 3, Bellevue Art Museum: 425-454-3322.
- The Yeomen of the Guard, July 14, Bagley Wright Theatre at Seattle Center: 206-341-9612.
- "Grease," through July 23, $18-$35, Everett Performing Arts Center: 425-257-8600.
- Teen Northshore, Sue Paro, director, information: 206-344-6417.
- Family Services offers Children Grieve Too, for ages 5-18 who have lost a close relative through death: 425-226-1253.
- Phone Friend, support for teens, 3-6pm, Monday-Friday: 1-800-543-8255 (1-800-KID-TALK).
- Al-Anon-Anger Management exploratory-Info meeting, Thursday nights 7pm, Edgewood Apartments Community Room: 425-482-6998.
- The Edmonds Driftwood Players, July 16, 17, 950 Main Street: 425-774-9600.
- Sammamish Symphony Orchestra, Eastlake Performing Arts Center: 425-868-9023.