July 24, 2000
CALENDAR ANNOUNCEMENT DEADLINE IS 12 NOON THURSDAY.
CLASSES, SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS
- North Creek Greenway public meeting, July 27, 7pm, Northwest Stream Center in McCollum Park: 425-388-6600.
- Woodinville Lions Club, July 29, 12:30pm, 19008 168th NE: 483-2693.
- Woodinville Water Distict, August 1, 7pm, 17238 Woodinville-Duvall Rd.: 483-9104.
- Woodinville Fire District, August 1, 6pm, 19900 144th NE: 483-2131.
- Brain Injury Association of WA, August 1, 6:30-8:30pm, 425-895-0047.
- Moms and Moppets, August 1, 9-11:30am, Eastside Foursquare Church: 425-488-2500.
- Sno-Isle Genealogical Society, August 2, 7:30pm, Martha Lake Community Club: 425-483-0307.
- Community Council for Cottage Lake Park, August 2, 7pm, Woodinville Water District: 788-3635.
- Sammamish Valley Grange, August 2, 7:30pm, 140th NE at Hollywood: 483-3200.
- Duvall Chamber of Commerce, 1st Tuesday, 11:45am, Fire Hall: 425-788-8384.
- Duvall City Council, 2nd and 4th Thursdays, 7pm, Library Rose Room: 425-788-8384.
- Kenmore City Council, Mondays, 7pm, Northshore Utility District Headquarters: 425-398-8900.
- Woodinville City Council, 1st 3 Mondays of every month, 7:30pm, Sorenson School: 425-489-2700.
- Eastside Business Network, Wednesdays, 7:30am, Blimpie Subs and Salads: 425-820-2845.
- Diamonds in the Rough Toastmasters, Thursdays, 7pm, Seattle Times Production Facility: 360-668-3136.
- Kiwanis Club of Woodinville, Thursdays, 11:30am-12:30pm, Woodinville Round Table: 425-481-6959.
- Northshore Kiwanis, Wednesdays, 7-8am, Alexa's Restaurant on Main St., Bothell: 425-486-4966.
- Boot Camp for prospective fathers, August 5, Saturday morning each month, 9am-12pm, $5, WSU: 425-338-2400.
- Fabulous 50s, July 27, 7-9pm, free, Evergreen Hospital Medical Center: 425-899-3000.
- Streamkeepers Academy, August 7,8,9,10, $25, McCollum Park behind the WSU: 425-316-8592.
- Seattle Theater Group presents a Master Class dance lesson with cast members from the touring Broadway musical "Fosse" on Wednesday, July 26, 3-4:30 p.m. at the Pacific Northwest Dance Studios , 301 Mercer St., Seattle. Free. Call 206-622-2733.
- Choosing and Using a Car Seat, July 26, Valley General Hospital: 360-794-1411.
- Seattle Shores, July 25, Aug. 1, 8, Prince of Peace Lutheran Church in Shoreline: 206-363-9687.
- Northwest Grillfest, July 27, 6-9pm, RainIer Square Roof Park: 206-467-4300.
- Bereavement Series, Tuesdays, 12:30-2:30pm, 7-9pm, Evergreen Hospice Center: 425-899-1077.
- Financial Workshop, July 20, 27, August 3, 10, 17, 6:30-8:30pm, 16906 68th Ave. NE, Kenmore: 425-481-4490.
- Redefining Journaling and Self-Exploration Workshop, April 12, 7:30-9:30pm, $10, Boxhill Farm Nursery: 425-844-1525.
- Kids Fun in the Summer, July 28, 10am-1pm, Seattle Center House: 206-684-7200.
- Flower Show Garden Joy, July 29, 2-8pm, Bellevue Botanical Garden: 425-451-3755.
- Arlington High School classes of 1968, '69, '70, reunion, Sept. 16, Hawthorne Suites: 360-435-5757.
- Cleveland H.S. class of 1960, 40 years reunion, Sept. 16, 206-246-0348.
- Shoreline High School's Class of 1975 25th reunion, July 29, Shoreline Center: 206-361-4243.
- Bothell High School, 1980 Class Reunion, August 4, 5, 6, Bothell High, 425-481-3412, bhsweb.nsd.org.
SPORTS & RECREATION
- Robot Zoo, robots explain biological functions of real animals, Sept. 4, Pacific Science Center: 206-443-2001.
- "A Class Act," Finnish-American Folk Festival, July 29, 8am, Naselle, WA: 360-484-3900.
- Troll Fest, August 1, 10-11am, Nordic Heritage Museum: 206-789-5707.
- Fun at the Locks, August 5, 1-3pm, Nordic Heritage Museum: 206-789-5707.
- Womad USA, July 28, 29, 30, King County's Marymoor Park: 206-281-8111
- Wine and Food Festival, August 5, 5-9:30pm, North Seattle Community College: 206781-8531.
- Bellevue Art Museum Fair, 54th anniversary, July 28-30, 9:30am, Bellevue Square and Bellevue Place: 425-454-3322.
- Baby season at the Cougar Mountain Zoo, through October, 10am-5pm, Cougar Mountain Zoo: 425-392-6278.
- Public DeSoto Show offers over 75 classic automobiles at the 15th Annual National DeSoto Club Convention on Saturday, July 29, 10 am-4 pm at Everett's Legion Park. Free. Food available.
- Woodland Park Lawn Bowling Club, July 25, 28, 6pm, 6018 Woodland Place N.: 206-782-1515.
- Kirkland Boys and Girls club are now accepting fall flag football and girls fall volleyball leagues: 425-827-0132, ext. 104 or 105.