August 21, 2000
'Come experience the Moollennium' at the Evergreen State Fair
Oh, the smell of it ... umm, the taste of it ... yes, the joy of The Evergreen State Fair! The animals, the food, the rides, and the endearing nostalgia of a continuing Northwest family tradition arrives this week!
Kicking off the Fair on Thursday at 9 p.m., Aug. 24, is a spectacular Laser/Fireworks Show free with fair admission. With brilliant aerial beams, breathtaking pyrotechnics, and laser animation set to music, this show sets the stage for a rousing Evergreen State Fair experience.
For the first time, fairgoers can enjoy the Lawnmower Races in the Equestrian Arena, Robosaurus the Carnivorous monster, and meet pirates and parrots as the ship Essence sails into the fair!
Save up to $2 with Advance Discount Admittance Tickets, available to Sept. 3, at these locations: Bartell's Drug Stores; Red Apple Stores ( Stanwood, Sultan, Granite Falls); Monroe Red Barn (Hwy. 2 & Woods Creek Rd.); Fred Meyer Fastixx Outlets; Marysville Thriftway (64th St. NE & 67th Ave. NE); SnoCope Federal Credit Union (Everett); Sultan Chevron/Burger King.
Prices include admission to the Fair; all performances at 7 p.m. except as noted:
Reserved tickets available through Fred Meyer Fastixx Ticket Outlets in the electronic department. Order tickets online at www.fastixx.com or charge by phone at 1-800-992-8499. Please inform them if you need wheelchair-accessible seating. Times are subject to change without notice.
- Aug. 27 - Glenn Yarbrough, 5p.m., $10
- Aug. 28 - Pat Benatar, $20
- Aug. 29 - Doobie Brothers, $20
- Aug. 30 - Willie Nelson, $20
- Aug. 31 - Clay Walker, $20
- Sept. 1 - Def Leppard, $27.50
Daily themes & special admission days at the fair
- Aug. 24 - Opening Day/Kid's Day: Children 15 and under admitted free.
- Aug. 25 - Senior Citizen's Day: Adults 62+ admitted free.
- Aug. 26 - Community Pride/Countywide Day.
- Aug. 27 - Health & Fitness Awareness Day: free health information.
- Aug. 28 - Family Day: Buy a family ticket for $18 at the gate and 2 adults and up to four children/senior citizens (in any combination) can enter together (6 people per Family Ticket).
- Aug. 29 - Public Safety Day: free safety information and demonstrations.
- Aug. 30 - Agriculture Day.
- Aug. 31 - Kid's Day: Children 15 and under admitted free.
- Sept. 1 - Armed Forces Day: 1/2-price admission for military personnel with proper ID.
- Sept. 2 - Grange Day.
- Sept. 3 - Demo Derby Day.
- Sept. 4 - Last Chance Day: 1/2-price for everyone.
- Laser & Fireworks Show - Aug. 24 (free with paid fair admission), 9 p.m.
- Big Band Dance - Aug. 25 (free with paid fair admission), 7:30 p.m., Sponsor Stage.
- Monroe Parade - Aug. 26, 11a.m. (on Main Street, downtown Monroe).
- Lawnmower Races - Aug. 28.
- PWRA Rodeo - Sept. 1-4 (tickets at the Arena Box Office for $3).
- Racing at the Evergreen Speedway (Aug. 25, Aug. 26, Sept. 2, Sept. 3). Call 360-794-7711 for racing information.
- Daily Shows: Pirates & Parrots Show, Pig Races, Lumberjack Show, Reptile Show, Equestrian Events, Petting Farm, Aztec Indian Dancers.
$13 wristband (which includes coupons worth up to $7 towards carnival food & games): Ride all the rides you want with this wristband, during the times listed below!
- 11 a.m to 5 p.m. or 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. - Thursday, Aug. 24, Monday, Aug. 28, and Thursday, Aug. 31; 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. - Monday, Sept. 4 ($15)
- 10 Rides for $10 (11a.m. to 5p.m. only), Friday, Aug. 25, Tuesday, Aug. 29, Wednesday, Aug. 30, Friday, Sept. 1
Watch riding, roping, and wrestling, Sept. 1-4. Two hours of jam-packed (and sometimes slamming) action will include bull riding, bareback riding, saddle-bronc riding, steer wrestling, and women's barrel racing.
Scheduled performances of rodeo action are Friday, Sept. 1, at 8 p.m., and Saturday, Sept. 2, through Monday, Sept. 4, at 2 p.m. in the Equestrian Arena.
Tickets are available at the Arena Box Office for $3 (admission to the P.W.R.A Rodeo is not included in Fair admission).
If you've never felt the thunder shake inside your stomach during a storm, visit the draft horse shows in the Equestrian Arena. The draft horses will be making their rounds in the arena at 6 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 24, through Sunday, Aug. 27, and on Tuesday, Aug. 29, through Thursday, Aug. 31, at 6 p.m., as well. Shows are free with paid fair admission and include intermission performances by the Crazy 8's (Aug. 24-27 only), teams of 8-hitch miniature ponies that race around the arena in figure eights.
General Fair Info
- Dates: Thursday, Aug. 24 - Monday, Sept. 4 (Labor Day).
- Admission hours: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. (open until 11 p.m. on Fridays, Saturdays & Sunday, Sept. 3) and 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Monday, September 4.
- Location: The Evergreen State Fairgrounds are located one mile west of Monroe, WA, 14 miles east of Everett, on U.S. Highway 2, approximately 30 miles northeast of Seattle via I-405 and State Route 522.