Northwest NEWS

April 16, 2001


Police Beat

April 8: The owner of a business in the 15000 block of Woodinville-Redmond Road came to work to discover a bullet had been fired through a second story window. The bullet went through the window, glanced off a ceiling tile and lodged in a wall. The date or time could not be determined since no one had been in the building since Friday, April 6. Police attempted to recover the round but were unsuccessful when it fell back into the interior of the wall.
   April 7: A woman entered a business in the 14000 block of NE Woodinville-Duvall Road and purchased several food items. At the counter, she wrote a check and gave the clerk a driver's license number which he wrote on the face of the check. Upon leaving the business, the clerk ran the check which came back as declined. Based on the information given to police by the clerk, the woman's mother was contacted. The mother confirmed the signature on the check but had not had any contact with her daughter for some time. The whereabouts of the suspect are unknown at this time.
   April 6: Late in the evening a resident heard loud noises outside and went to investigate. His car, which was parked in the 14600 block of NE 174th had been vandalized. The car sustained body damage and the rear window had been completely smashed. The man called police who immediately conducted an area check which was unsuccessful. The man told police that his neighbors had experienced problems in the past, but he did not know why he was targeted this time.
   April 5: A couple reported their Honda Civic was stolen from the 1200 block of Mitchell Avenue the night before. Victims reported to police that they were behind on payments, but upon calling the credit union it was determined that the car had not been repossessed.
   March 28: Victims were contacted by police regarding a number of checks which were being forged at a business in the 13900 block of NE 175th Place. It was determined that the victim's checkbook had been stolen. Store security officers were able to locate a surveillance video of persons passing the forged checks. Police contacted the victims to review the tapes. Upon review, the victims did not know the suspects caught on store cameras. The case has been forwarded to the fraud unit.