Northwest NEWS

May 28, 2001

Events

Burns hospitalize Carnation man

by Lisa Allen
   Valley View Editor
   A Carnation man suffered burns over 20 percent of his body last week after gasoline he was pouring into a truck carburetor caught fire.
   Dan Cook, 23, was burned when he attempted to toss the gas can away, which caused flaming fuel to spray over his hands, chest and face.
   He was working at a construction site in Carnation at the time of the accident.
   Cook was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle where he was listed in serious condition.
   Skin grafts will be needed on parts of the burns to his chest and hands, according to his mother, Linda Cook, also of Carnation.