Northwest NEWS

February 25, 2002

Local News

Carnation Police Beat

Jan. 16 - On Jan. 15 between 3 and 3:07 p.m. unknown person(s) stole medication from an unlocked car in the parking lot at QFC.
   Jan. 22 - Residents reported that on Jan. 20 between 11 and 11:45 p.m. unknown person(s) removed about half a cord of firewood stacked by their house. The couple had heard noises that night, but did not investigate.
   Jan. 23 - At 1:30 p.m. an officer stopped a car for expired license tabs. Records revealed that the man was driving with a suspended license. The driver was arrested and the car impounded.
   Jan. 23 - Between 8:45 and 9 p.m., as three salespersons were soliciting home security alarm contracts door-to-door, one resident became verbally abusive and told the salesman to leave. The resident then drove after him down the street in a pickup, drove at the three salespersons as if to hit them, swerving away at the last moment. He became more abusive, cursing and yelling obscenities. All three victims stated that the man said, "I'm going to put a bullet in your head," and that he slapped the woman salesperson. They then called 911 from a nearby house. Police placed the suspect in custody, took a statement and released him. The officer recommends follow-up.
   Jan. 25 - A woman reported by phone that at 7:45 p.m. two men attempted to take a five-gallon gas can from her front yard. At the victim's request, the suspects put the can down and left the scene.
   Jan. 25 - A man reported by phone that his mailbox was knocked down between Jan. 24 at 6 p.m. and Jan. 25 at 10 a.m. No suspects were seen or heard.
   Jan. 25 - At 10:30 a.m., two vehicles slid on ice and collided, one coming out of a driveway, the other driving down the street.
   Jan. 27 - At 2:30 p.m. a man called 9-1-1 about a neighbor who was yelling at his children and throwing rocks at his dog, and had reportedly done so before. At the scene, officers advised both to call police with future problems. The complainant called 9-1-1 again at 5:25 p.m. The same had knocked on his door, yelled obscenities and flipped him off. Police responded again, and told the suspect not to contact the victim again. At 5:45 p.m., the victim called 9-1-1 again, having witnessed the suspect "take his dog for a walk," knock the victim's back gate down, then at the front of the house flip him off with both hands, yelling obscenities. Police then arrested the heavily intoxicated suspect for two counts of disturbing the peace and one count of malicious mischief. En route to King County Jail the suspect was argumentative, yelling threats and profanities all the way.