Northwest NEWS

September 9, 2002



   The last 2002 Special Recycling Collection in the Snoqualmie Valley will be sponsored by the city of Snoqualmie on Saturday, Sept. 14 at the Mt. Si High School front parking lot from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
   Residents of Snoqualmie and North Bend are especially invited, but all King County households are eligible to participate because the event is funded by grants from Washington State Department of Ecology, King County Local Hazardous Waste Management Program, and King County Solid Waste Division. 
   On Sept. 14, Snoqualmie Public Works crews and service contractors will accept the following residential household (not commercial) materials for recycling.
   Residents can help speed the unloading process by arranging loads so crews can unload items in the order listed:
   1.  Styrofoam loose packing fill—in bags.
   2.  Plastic plant pots—4" and larger, unbroken, sorted by size.
   3.  Reusable textiles and household goods—items must be reusable.
   Tax donation receipts available from St. Vincent de Paul. Unacceptable items will be refused and they will have to be taken back.
   4.  Used motor oil, oil filters and antifreeze
   5.  Batteries—Lead-acid car, truck and marine batteries—no household batteries
   6.  Tires—first 4 passenger tires free, $1 for each additional, $2 for each rim
   7.   Scrap metal—hot water tanks, stoves, microwaves, washers, dryers, cast iron sinks and tubs, iron, steel, auto parts. All materials must have fuel, oil, and tires removed.
   8.  Refrigerators and freezers—$15 each will be charged for safe removal of CFC's (chlorofluorocarbon coolants)
   For questions about the Special Recycling Collection, call the Recycling Coordinator at (425) 788-4829 before loading up. 
   The Special Recycling Collection is not the place to bring Household Hazardous Wastes like paint, pesticides, or propane tanks. Take these materials to the Wastemobile at Woodinville Park & Ride
   From 10 am –5 pm September 6-8 and 13-15. For more Wastemobile information, call 1-800-TOXIC ED or visit .