Woodinville PD | Police Blotter 2.24.23
1. Trespass / Shoplift – 13900 NE Mill Pl – On 02/10/2023, at about 9:25AM, deputies were called to a business for an individual who was in the store, concealing items. This subject was said to have shoplifted on several occasions in the past. They were formally trespassed, and the business stated they would compile and submit a case to detectives for the cumulative thefts committed by this subject, to be filed in absentia.
2. Burglary | Attempted– 14200 NE Woodinville-Duvall Rd – On 02/12/2023, at 5:02AM, deputies were dispatched to a business alarm. Upon investigation, it was discovered an unknown person tried, unsuccessfully, to gain entry through a door before cutting a lock off a nearby secured ladder. The ladder was found placed against a nearby building, but no further crimes were found. It is believed that deputies responding to the alarm may have spooked the suspect.
3. Hit and Run | Property – 13000 NE 177th Pl – On 02/13/2023, a deputy was dispatched to a business to investigate a hit and run to their building the previous afternoon. This was caught on camera and the driver was identified through investigation. They were tracked down and referred to the prosecutor’s office for Hit and Run and cited for not having insurance.
4. Vandalism – 15000 NE 185th St – Overnight on 02/13/23, an unknown person pried open a community mailbox. Addresses served by the USPS there were notified and no one has come forward to report stolen mail yet.
5. Larceny – 15600 NE Woodinville-Duvall Pl – Overnight on 02/15/23, unknown persons cut the catalytic converter off a vehicle in a parking lot. The same suspects then cut a community mailbox out of the ground, loaded it into a vehicle and left the area with it. It was later located in the city. The local Postmaster was notified and we are awaiting confirmation from any businesses or residents about missing mail. This case has been assigned to a detective.
6. Fire Investigation – 14100 NE Woodinville-Duvall Rd – On 02/15/23, at 6:01AM, deputies were dispatched to a fire alarm at a business. The fire occurred in an open exterior room attached to the building and nothing of value appeared destroyed. A King County Sheriff’s Office Fire Investigator responded and determined the fire appeared accidental and caused by a warming fire. Extra patrols have been requested here.
7. Suicide Attempt – 16100 NE 198th St – On 02/17/23, at 9:05AM, deputies and medics were dispatched to a suicide attempt by knife. The subject had sliced themselves badly on both arms and was not cooperative with attempts to get them into medical care on scene. Another person was seriously injured trying to wrestle the knife away before the call. The subject was safely taken under control and transported to Harborview. The other injured party was also transported to Harborview. Both had serious, but non-life-threatening wounds.
Please support the Woodinville Weekly by subscribing today!
You may also like: