Welcome to Woodinville.com, online home of The Woodinville Weekly.
We understand that privacy is very important to our readers. We want to make sure that you understand why we collect certain information, how we use it, and how we protect it. We want our guests to feel confident that their information is handled with great care on Woodinville.com.
How do I know my information is safe on Woodinville.com?
In the normal course of business, Woodinville.com and The Weekly do not share reader information with anyone. We collect this information for the sole purpose of improving Woodinville.com and providing more and better services to our readers. The only times we will divulge a guest's personal information to a third party are:
• If we believe in good faith that the law requires such disclosure.
• If we need to disclose the information in order to identify, contact or initiate legal action against someone violating Woodinville.com’s Terms of Service, or someone who is causing injury to or interference with Woodinville.com’s rights or property, other Woodinville.com users, or anyone else who can be harmed by such activities.
In the event Woodinville.com contracts with an outside research firm, we may provide your contact information to the research firm to contact you regarding participation in surveys, focus groups or other research activities that will help us improving Woodinville.com’s products and services. The research firm will be bound by its contract with Woodinville.com’s to use your information strictly for Woodinville.com research purposes, to keep your information confidential, and to adequately secure or destroy its records of your information when the research is complete.
What information does Woodinville.com collect?
The Weekly obtains information from you when you purchase advertising or start a newspaper subscription. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and what you have purchased.
From time to time, Woodinville.com will conduct surveys on its site for research purposes. When you participate in a survey, the information you provide about yourself and your responses are collected by Woodinville.com. We will always inform you how we will use this information.
If you contact Woodinville.com, we may keep a record of your correspondence.
Woodinville.com also tracks and collects computer IP addresses to help with system administration and to compile information about traffic patterns on the site. Computer IP addresses identify computers and the networks or Internet service providers to which they are connected.
Cookies and how Woodinville.com uses them
A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred from a Web server through your browser and stored on the hard drive of your computer. The cookie contains your user name and password so that when you log on, the Web server recognizes you.
General statistical information
Visits to Woodinville.com are monitored to gather statistical information, including the number of visits to the site, the pages visited, which domains visitors come from and the browsers used to visit the site. This data is accumulated at the aggregate level.
This statistical information enables us to evaluate the effectiveness of the services we provide, to monitor site performance and to make it easier for visitors to use the site.
How does Woodinville.com use the information it gathers?
Information collected on Woodinville.com, including traffic patterns and user behavior, is used primarily for the following purposes:
• Internal research, Woodinville.com is continuously assessing how visitors use the site. This data assists us in making decisions about how to improve the site and to better serve our users. Research data are aggregated and do not include data about specific individuals. We may share aggregated research (but not individual user information) with our advertisers or business partners. Additionally, Woodinville.com may use your information to contact you to ask for your participation in a focus group, survey, or some other type of research effort.
• To customize your experience on Woodinville.com. As Woodinville.com improves its service, it may offer users more opportunities to customize content and other aspects of the site. Information provided by you may be used to assist in the customization process, if you elect to participate in these features.
• To tailor advertising efforts. Many of the information and services available to you at Woodinville.com are free or part of a membership. In order to continue providing these services free of charge or as a membership, Woodinville.com sells advertising. Advertisers prefer to target their communication toward audiences who are most likely to be interested in their products. The information gathered on Woodinville.com helps us advise advertisers in general terms about certain aspects of site visitors (e.g. how visitors use the site, general demographic attributes of visitors, usage patterns on various parts of our site, etc.). This information helps both advertisers and Woodinville.com make better decisions about where to place advertising. No specific information about individual users is ever provided to advertisers. However, visitors who choose to conduct financial transactions with advertisers on Woodinville.com may provide specific data to those advertisers during the process of their transactions. Additionally, any information provided during the purchase of Woodinville.com or services will result in the collection of certain information required to complete the transaction.
• A conspicuous hyperlink to an NAI-approved Opt-Out mechanism for interest-based advertising (links:http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/ or http://optout.aboutads.info/#!/).
• Data may be collected for the purpose of interest-based advertising on the property.
• Data is collected from users for the purpose of interest-based advertising.
• An explanation of the purposes for which the collected data will be transferred to third-parties.
More specifically, here is how Woodinville.com may use information you provide:
• Email addresses. If you supply Woodinville.com with your -mail address, either by registering on the site or by communicating with us via e-mail, we may, from time to time, send you information that we believe would be of interest to you via e-mail. This information may be from Woodinville.com, The Weekly, or from one of our quality advertisers. Note: If we send you email on behalf of another company, your information is never disclosed to that company. Rather, the company provides us with the information it wants to send, and we prepare and send the -mail directly to you. Your information never leaves our systems.
• Postal addresses. If you supply Woodinville.com with your postal address, we may send you periodic mailings with information on new products, coming events, surveys or other research materials, or other information we think might be of interest to you.
• Telephone numbers. If you provide your telephone number, Woodinville.com may call you regarding orders you have placed online, to tell you about new products, services, or coming events, or to offer other information that may interest you. Additionally, Woodinville.com, the Weekly, or one of their agents may call you for research purposes.
Finally, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you're online.
What if I don't want Woodinville.com to contact me?
You may opt out of any or all contacts from Woodinville.com at any time. All e-mails sent to you from Woodinville.com will allow to opt out of any further e-mail from us (usually at the bottom of the email body, below the body text). You may e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out of our email programs. You may also write or call us at the following address and phone number to notify us regarding use of your information: The Woodinville Weekly, PO Box 587 Woodinville, WA, 98072 (425) 483-0606 (you may also ask for our IT/Tech Department).
When you register on Woodinville.com, you will be given the opportunity to opt out of further communication from us.
You may accept certain kinds of contact and decline others. For example, you may choose to accept e-mails, but not postal mail or telephone calls.
If, at anytime in the future, Woodinville.com decides to use information provided by you in a way not described here, we will contact you beforehand to explain the use of the information and give you the opportunity to decline that use.
Woodinville.com uses industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site. When we transfer or receive certain types of sensitive data, such as financial information, we will redirect you to a secure server and will notify you through a pop-up screen on our site. We have implemented appropriate security measures in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you.
Making corrections to your information
Upon request, you may review all information that we maintain in your record, including contact information (name, address, zip code, phone number, e-mail), or any other information we may keep in your record.
You may also request that inaccuracies be corrected in any information that we maintain in your record.
Submit your request by contacting Woodinville.com via e-mail, postal mail, or telephone.